Thursday 3 May 2007

And now a short introduction...

I find that my life can be divided into three things: My friends, my career and my girlfriend. Usually when one is going well, the others are in an abysmal mess. Now, you might think this is to do with the fact that in order to focus on one, I must be neglecting the others. not true. The real reason is because something or someone somewhere hates people like you and me and is ruining it for everyone. On purpose.

For example, my girlfriend is currently traveling around Australia, and so SightSpeed, MSN and Skype have all decided that they no longer want to function as they should, or indeed, at all, and quite frankly no matter how many times I read 'I miss you' in an email, or how many times she professes her heartfelt need to 'squish', 'squidge' or 'squoosh' my face, it doesn't seem to get rid of my desire to just see her topless over web cam again. But no joy, every single web cam app ever created by man has failed me.

I will also say as a side note that typing the words 'I love you' into G-Mail four times a day, when you really mean 'why did you think you could go away for months and I wouldn't be annoyed?' does start to grate. Not that I'm bitter about any of it.

Oh and now, this very second, Googlemail's built in chat has also died. wonderful. This is most likely her fault, as watching her try to 'make a computer work' is similar to watching a five-year-old 'bake a cake' by mixing every ingredient it can possibly reach into one, big, hopeless mess.

But enough of my cynicism! You see the reason this has all happened is because my course is actually going quite well. My pitch for a short documentary has just been accepted, and will be shot on 8mm celluloid. We may also be getting a live jazz band to compose original music for it. Mmmm.. Nice.

In any case when it's done I'll be sure to put it up here, along with another short which I'm very excited about. I won't ruin the surprise, but it's heavily inspired by this video (which does get better about half way through):


Also! my Xbox 360 is not 'a big, ugly pc with cut back functionality', and I will be explaining why... right after I get it back from the Microsoft repairs department...

5 comments:

  1. Did you try getting some help for your SightSpeed issues at sightspeedforums.com or were they all bandwidth related?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit harsh perhaps...

    But yes, it was all bandwidth related, although even if it wasn't, I don't think I could stomach a tech support forum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend of boyfriend responds:
    abismal mess?! Well. No more blow jobs for boyfriend. Nor will she let him squidge, smoosh and squish her face! All "cynicism" aside, the boyfriend is correct in his analysis and conclusion regarding Skype, Gmail and SightSpeed. They are frustrating. Although, not as much as dodgy wireless internet scrounged off some poor Sydneyite. Or a nutcase 44yr old plumber housemate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well we all know she won't be able to resist. quite frankly you're pathetic.

    whore!

    you always wanted more...

    ReplyDelete